Thursday 22 October 2015

Ha , a late start, what is it about jet lag that keeps you awake half the night. I got up at two am for a nightly visit to the loo convinced I had been asleep for hours and that it was morning. I had to make myself  believe it was night time and that I should be sleeping. The master organiser slept like a log throughout and when I told her of my troubles this morning her reply was" Well, you were asleep every time I woke up" which rather halts any further discussion.
After toast for breakfast we set off on foot to Clarke's Quay via a shopping mall where for some reason there was an imperative need to visit a uniqlo shop. We bought a map of Singapore and a guide book as we had failed singularly to bring one.
We found the tube station and bought our Easy Link tickets for thirty dollars each, spending eighty four dollars in total as there is a seven dollar deposit for each card and they preload it with a set amount. We were then ready to roll and I suggested that we used the ticket to get to the botanical gardens. There then followed a clinical examination of Singapore's tube system and we managed fairly easily to reach our objective.
The gardens are wonderful a mixture of Kew and Hyde Park, we were both delighted when we found we could get into the orchid garden for fifty pence as we were regarded as senior citizens. The variety of orchids, the colours, the variations make this a place you really should visit if you are in Singapore.
We had lunch in the gardens at a small restaurant, I had laska which was very nice and Rosemarie had gored naseng which was was also good.
The trip back to Clarke Quay passed uneventfully and on the walk back we stopped for a beer by the riverside where the beer was gratefully received but the attention of several gnats was not, we both got bitten, the curse of the English tourist abroad.  After that it was a short walk home. A really pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment