Tuesday 26 March 2013


Monday resting

Poor Andy had to go back to work this morning so we pottered around during the day. I went off in to Gisborne to get my hair cut and whilst this was taking place Sally and Rosemarie went shopping. This does not necessarily sound like a good idea.
I was told to introduce myself to the barber as Andy's brother in law and did just that. He immediately took pity on me and told me that no one deserved that fate. I in my turn asked him to cut my hair fairly short, this was possibly a mistake as he then went on to remove most of it from my scalp. Perhaps I should just have asked for a trim. It is always a bit worrying when one goes to a strange barber and in this case I do appear to have got exactly what I asked for literally.
Sally and Rosemarie didn't actually buy anything which was a good thing. We did go to a few more shops and the expedition manager did find a pair of shorts that fitted her and so they were duly purchased.
In the evening various friends came to Andy and Sally's to meet and greet us. I was allowed I to the kitchen to create a plate of salami and a tomato salad. The evening went very quickly and we all had a good time. 
Two really quiet days like the ones we have just had are just what we needed. There is something about being constantly on the move which leads you to look forward to a day of rest and relaxation, I managed to finish a book that I didn't want to carry on any further.
One of the good things we did was visit the post office to send another parcel home. In fact we talked to a lady in the post office about the best way to do this and ended up purchasing a ten kilo box.
On our return we had the dubious joy of sifting through our worldly belongings and  sorting out what we could send back to England. After the difficult decisions had been made the master packer then got on with stuffing the items into the box, Stuffing is not the word the master packer would use.
This is a job that requires high level skills, rigid self discipline and a high degree of organisation.
All of these were duly put into place and the box was packed only to discover that a couple of items had been left out. Such is life.


No comments:

Post a Comment