Sunday 31 March 2013

Thursday
A day for the master packer.
The day started with yet another trip to the travel agent. I now know this office like the back of my hand and  can describe the chips on the desk and the scratches in the paint . The purpose of this morning's meeting was to pay for the tickets to England. Having established a price we went to the bank to widraw the money as Andy had Sally's card in his pocket at home.
Sally then withdrew the required amount  in cash and back we went to the travel agents all of 200 yards away.
The money was counted and the deal was done. I have to say Sally seemed very excited indeed. We then went to the Warehouse, a bit like Quality Seconds and bought our self some rocks goes for the princely sum of nine dollars a pair.(£4.50). These were purchased because the coral shore in Fiji is very sharp and Sally's friend Judy thought they might be useful.
Another and final trip to the supermarket followed, all of us forgetting this was Maundy Thursday and as the shop were to be shut over the Easter weekend, mass panic buying was taking place with the whole world and their dogs.
Back home for lunch, where Andy appeared to be very confused about what was happening and then the master packer swung in to military mode and with SAS like efficiency packed both the suitcases and the rucksacks.
I have to say I was very impressed, my job whilst this was going on was to download another 2000 photographs onto our memory and to make sure that Andy and Sally had a copy of all the photos we had taken whilst we were with them.
When Andy returned from work we walked to the Gisborne Wine Centre where we had some lovely Gisborne wines and a mixed platter. Gisborne wines were very good indeed.
The walk home was a little sad and we all retired to bed with that final day of the holiday feeling.I have to say here that Andy and Sally's sofa bed had been causing my back all sorts of problems as it is so soft, I asked Andy for a couple of boards to put under the mattress and this was my second night of the "new" bed. I slept much better and my back no longer ached, so who could ask for more. I only wish I had asked for the boards before.

No comments:

Post a Comment