Friday 13 November 2015

Out of the window one could just perceive Hobart on the opposite bank of the River Derwent meaning the rain had abated. The view from this house is magnificent and changes almost every hour as the river changes are different clouds appear in the sky across Mount Wellington.
After a leisurely breakfast we were off to Hobart to return the car and then off to the shops to remedy our clothing shortage especially as next week we are off to the West Coast which is supposedly wet.
So into Salamanca awe ventured stopping in that well known emporium "Katmandhu".
The tour manager suddenly sprang into life, clothes and spending appeared to be the key word. She almost immediately found a magenta top which suited her followed by a long sleeved top and some other item she apparently despararately needed. I wa swallowed a top, a long sleeved shirt, because I have none with me and a pair of trousers. What sort of shop is it that has trousers in medium, large, X like and two X like sizes. I was flummoxed and to ask an assistant for help only to be told I should try everything from a large size upwards until I found a pair that fitted. With the tour manager in attendance this is exactly what I did, and luckily for me the large size was the one I needed.
Pam found a lovely Puffa jacket in the sale and this was much coveted by the tour manager, unfortunately there was only one of that size but we were assured that another store in Hobart had the required item so off we set to try and procure one.
The second store proved a great disappointment to the tour director as they didn't have the required item, but she compensated by buying another top and much to my surprise I was able to find a Puffa jacket in the correct size for me. This did not necessarily go down well with the tour director but she was pleased with yet another purchase.
The afternoon was spent preparing for the talk I give tomorrow interspersed with shortening the trousers I had purchased and weeding in the garden.
In the evening we headed off to the Lark pub to listen to live music and had a fantastic fish and chip supper on the quay in Hobart. Another lively evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment