Friday 23 November 2012

Firstly, I have tried hard in this blog to write a travelogue as well to write about all those little things that have amused us. Sometimes I feel like I cannot find a voice to write with and sometimes to me it reads just like a rant.
Bali is a beautiful island and we are both convinced we want to come back one day, when that will be who knows. We met our friend Sarah yesterday and she took us around her school,  a really lovely building in Canggu. It was a real pleasure to see her classroom, which looked like a hive of activity. We also went to her house which is truly beautiful , they were in the process of finishing the swimming pool in the back garden, and when that is done it will look great.
We had a meal in a restaurant with them and witnessed a storm over the ocean before returning home in a taxi.
The money here is something else, £60 will get you a million rupiahs, so you honestly feel like a millionaire when you leave the ATM. We took out three million and had quite a lot of notes to count.
Nothing starts here price wise at less than a 1000 so they might as well devalue. Maybe that is a little simplistic.
The Balinese are one of the friendliest races I have ever come across, nothing is too much trouble and they always appear to be bright and cheerful. After our meal tonight we went to the phone shop to top up Rosemarie's mobile and as we arrived  the lady was in the process of locking up, the lights were off and the key was in the lock, we explained we were leaving tomorrow morning and she opened up again and put the money on our phone for us. I am not sure that would, have happened in England.
Secondly , I would love some comments from those of you in the USA who are reading this , or even those in South Korea. I think the blog probably marks the death knell for the postcard, you just write this and invite all your friends to read it, so much cheaper too. I not sure I understand the appeal of this if you live in Alaska, so maybe you might enlighten me.
We spent the day on the beach relaxing before we move to. Lombok tomorrow, the beach has a gentle breezewhich dissipates the heat a little and then when you are ready you can walk into the Indonesian Sea, which is the warmest sea I have ever swum in.And now to Lombok.

No comments:

Post a Comment